We opened our winery in early 1999 on three acres in the Prosser Wine and Food Park.
Our winery building is 15,000 square feet, which includes a 13,500 square foot cellar, tank, warehouse and barrel area as well as a 1,500 square foot tasting room, gift shop and office.
We opened our doors as a 3,000 case winery and are now at approximately 35,000 cases.
We are predominately a red wine producer with 90% of our production in Lady in Red, our red table blend, as well as our red varietals – Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Syrah. The remaining 10% is in Platinum – a blend of Gewurztraminer and Viognier, as well as Chardonnay and Viognier varietals.
Barrel aging plays an important part in our wine production. Our wines are aged one-to-two years in the finest French, American and Hungarian oak barrels and provided bottle aging prior to release.
Directions: Kestrel Vintners is located in Prosser, WA, off WA I 82, exit 82. Turn right on Wine Country Rd. for approximately 1/3 mile. Turn left on Benitz Road, cross the railroad tracks and turn right on Lee Rd. The winery is 400 yards ahead on your left.